Saturday, November 15, 2008

Day One (so far...)

Hello Everyone!




Here in Korea safe and sound! I'll be staying at a hotel (a love motel -- hee hee) until the 21st which is quite nice, but which means that I'm going to have to be updating on facebook for a while because there's no wireless Internet in my hotel room. Boo... There is a computer in my hotel room though which is very nice. Yesterday I was able to send a few emails to my family, but today the keyboard is determined to type in Korean characters in hotmail and everywhere else except facebook, so until I figure out how to control that, this will have to do!




(Update: Sometimes, the keyboard randomly works here too! I'll figure this all out eventually :D )




I had a great rest last night, the hotel room is really nice and the bed is huge and comfortable. I'm still a little in shock from having travelled so far away from home, but I'm sure that will either wear off, or probably get worse as time goes on... I haven't left my hotel room yet, so we'll see where that takes me. Everything happened so fast last night, I'm not really sure where I am. Not to say that I would if it hadn't been such a whirlwind though all the same. He he...

The flights all went pretty well, nothing too unusual to report. My luggage all came through, I met a few nice people, the food wasn't even that bad! I did think that the flight from Vancouver to Seoul was never going to end though! I was trying not to sleep on that flight seeing as it was during what would have been day time in Seoul but I did a lot of reading and watched a lot of TV and movies and did survive, although I can't say that I didn't sleep at all. It was just too tempting from time to time. I am glad to say that it didn't affect my sleep last night though, like a baby I was!











When I got off the plane I went through customs and got my bags which was surprisingly painless, was picked up at the airport by someone from the school, brought to my hotel, called my family, got a phone call from one of the other foreign teachers welcoming me to Korea, slept like a baby, watched some TV and now here I am!







Interesting story before I go... many of you know how good I am at putting my foot in my mouth from time to time, well... hehe. Last night when the other foreign teacher (John) called to say hello and welcome me to Korea there was also another of the foreign teachers with him, Adam. Through the jigs and reels and me trying to fight off sleep enough to be pleasant I happened to mention that I recognised Adam's name from one of the blog posts of a girl who works with them. Adam had gone home for a month between contracts or something like that, and she had taken over his apartment when she moved here. Apparently, his apartment hadn't been the cleanest when he left, she posted about it, and half awake last night, I was silly enough to repeat the story! Oh my...







Anyway, I'm off to get my day started and do a little exploring!




Later days! <3

No comments:

Post a Comment

Free Hit Counter