Saturday, July 4, 2009

An Independant Haircutting Adventure

Today was Independence day in Seoul and we celebrated with haircuts, shopping, more shopping and going out for dinner to a restaurant in Itaewon that sells American food. It was a great day -- although, not quite as great as Canada day if we're being honest.

Lindsay and I got up bright and early to head to a place called Idae where we both had hair appointments for 10 o'clock. Lindsay laughed at me for not knowing how to get my hair cut, but the rest of you probably aren't at all surprised at my general incompetence in that area.

Here's a picture of my new do!

Aren't I dashingly handsome... erm... beautiful? I'm happy with it, and Lindsay was happy with her new hair, so we headed outside for some celebratory shopping, seeing as we were already in the neighbourhood.

One of the thins we saw was this pattern of dust on a window, that we agreed looked like Abrahan Lincoln or George Washington or some such... we thought it was a fitting sign for independence day, so we took a picture before we headed on our way.



The rest of the day was not incredibly noteworthy. We spent most of it ducking in and out of stores to avoid scattered showers throughout the day, and then joined the other girls in Itaewon for dinner, heading home early, because we were all a little tired. There was a little red, white and blue around, but considering Itaewon is considered foreigner central, I was a little surprised at the lack of festivities there in the evening. I guess everyone was still recovering from their awesome Canada Day celebrations!

1 comment:

Free Hit Counter