Saturday, June 20, 2009

Welcome to the Rainy Season

The rainy season started this week and is predicted to continue into the middle of July or so. Although it reminds me of home, and is therefore strangely comforting at times, I can't say that I'm incredibly happy about it. The weather here recently has varied pretty much between oppressive humidity, and rain.

The humidity is not so bad, considering I spend the hottest and the most humid parts of the day locked in a classroom, chained to a desk and surrounded by complaining 8-13 year-olds. If only I had known this feeling when I was a child, I would have been much more gracious to my parents, and my teachers. My classes range on average between 8 and 12 children and no one ever seems to be happy. If the air conditioning is on, there are children who claim to be both too hot and too cold, and if it is off, everyone is too hot. The children who sit next to the air conditioner are always too cold but refuse to bring sweaters to class, and I feel like we are playing musical chairs every five minutes trying to find a happy medium of temperature. I don't know how my parents did it when my sisters and I were children, and better yet, I have no idea how my elementary school teachers did it with 30+ kinds instead of ten.



The rain also, would not be so bad if it wouldn't eat through my skin and cause me health problems later in life. In fact it is such a nice warm rain today, that I would really like to go play in it, and if I were in Newfoundland, I would. Not here though, not unless I want an entire-body chemical peel. I've never really understood, nor trusted those chemical peels, and I don't think I'm going to start experimenting now, especially not with acid rain.





There is a trip to Everland, an amazing theme part around an hour outside of Seoul, that we are trying to plan, but it keeps being thwarted by the rain. I'm really hoping to get there sometime soon. I love theme parks, I do.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Free Hit Counter