Tuesday, December 9, 2008

The Weekend (Dec 6 & 7)

I promised that I would come back and finish telling you all about my adventures last week, so here I am!

I left off on Wednesday when we went cellphone shopping and bought my new (to me! ) cell phone. Here is a picture of it, for those of you who are curious as to what it looks like.




Its a pretty great phone for $45 as for as I can tell, so I'm pretty happy with it. After the phone buying and the food eating Amanda and Kelly and I wandered around for a little while, and then went home. A very successful day!





Here are Kelly and Amanda standing on the steps in front of Yongsan Station, as well as a picture of the area around the station entrance, it was quite festive!



The rest of the week passed by without much incident, except Friday when I got my bank account. Naturally I took a picture of my bank card for you to see as well.

I'm not so into identify theft, so I took out most of the good bits, but you can get the picture. I was very happy to open a bank account as we had been paid on the last day of November, and as cool as it is to hold a million won in your hand, its even cooler to know that its in the bank... and that you can't lose it! I was sick and had a fever Friday night, so nothing of interest to report.

For those of you who know me the best, this will come as a bit of a shock, but the majority of my weekend was spent shopping! I got up at the crack of dawn on Saturday (aka: 10 am) and hopped on the bus to go to an outdoor shopping extravaganza in Edae. We shopped until mid-afternoon, and then I went to my second Korean class. It was fabulous! We had a new teacher this week, and she didn't really know what she was up to, which was great because we did so much more stuff than last week. I was in love! We finished up around 5 after which I went home to continue to recuperate from the cold I've been fending off. Sunday was more of the same, but Church replaced the Korean lesson and was followed by a quick game of pool before again calling it an early night. That brings us up to this week, which is so far going pretty well, but is quite busy. I'm still trying to fend off that cold, and I miss you all, but except for that life is peachy keen!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Free Hit Counter